Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Syria and Inhumanity.

Marwan – Syrian Boy Crossing Border / UNHCR Photo
Syria's numbers today are astounding: 130,000 dead (including thousands of children), more than 575,000 injured, nearly 3 million refugees outside Syria, nearly 5 million refugees displaced inside Syria; 43,000 Syrians detained and thousands suffering from starvation and lack of shelter. Then there are the latest revelations of Holocaust-like torture of thousands.
http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/02/inhumanity_and_the_moral_limit.html


Once I actually saw the number of people getting massacred I was in complete shock. When there is a  total of 8 million refugees you know there is a problem. Why are people just killing each other? Where is the humanity? As a human being I can not even begin to imagine why someone would kill anyone.Now and days we have the technology to actually see just how gruesome the situation in Syria is. I remember once i got forwarded a link where a group of people where torturing a woman in Syria.They cut her bad, even decapitated her . I thought to myself how can someone do this?Worst how can someone film this?It does not justify there actions. I lost a little faith in humanity after seeing that video.

No comments:

Post a Comment