Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"The Light Bulb Conspiracy" and how it changed my way of thinking.

The "Light Bulb Conspiracy" is a film that discusses the principles of planned obsolescence and how it came into practice . This film also discusses some of the cons about planned obsolescence such as compulsive shopping and the pollution produced from waste of products meant  that were meant to be be discarded of.The film also primarily focuses on the light bulb conspiracy which is a conspiracy that company lowered the hours that light bulbs can work to 1000 hours in order to have planned obsolescence and make a big profit.

I am a person that thinks in a very mathematical way  and my point of view before this film was that its a good business plan. In fact, I still think it is this film just made me feel more aware about how we humans use loop holes in order to mess up our planet. I think we should continue with planned obsolescence because it keeps the economy going. We as a society are to adapt to this way of living. I strongly believe we should invent  a plastic that is bio degradable.


Mla Citation
Dannoritzer, Cosima, i C. J. Úbeda, Patrice Barrat, Molly Malcolm, Marc M. Sarrado, Georgia Wyss, Marta Andrés, and Joan P. Gil. The Light Bulb Conspiracy: The Untold Story of Planned Obsolescence. San Francisco, CA: Video Project, 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment